Location: Werribee, Victoria
Services: Turnkey Concept, Engineering, Construction and Automation of a quarry upgrade
Holcim operates over 80 quarries across Australia, providing consistent, quality products for a diverse range of customers and applications. This includes raw materials for concrete, rail ballast, aggregates, gravels, road pavement materials, manufactured and natural sands; products essential to building and maintaining our modern communities.
The project saw the completion of a totally new screen house, blending plant and additive bin section all while achieving the feat of having the existing quarry operation continue without disruption.
Works undertaken included:
- Electrical engineering for the upgrade
- Construction of a new switchboard
- Installation of new plant including crusher and conveyors
- Electrical interface of the new plant with existing plant and control system
- Process control of the upgraded plant
- Supply, installation and commissioning of all electrical works